Monday, August 31, 2015

It's Monday!



Hello lovelies. Did you know that tomorrow is September, and that September is the ultimate Monday? January gets all the sparkle and shine of having the first day of the calendar year, but September is the real new year, at least for those of us who have spent years decades in school. September, which already possesses so many other glorious attributes, like the first day of fall and apple picking, is also my favourite time to start fresh. There are new routines, new goals for the year, and best of all, you get to buy school supplies.
 



Oh, September, you're so lovely. But today, while it is still August, I'll continue on pretending that summer is still happening, because I know so many of you love, love, love the summer. We've been doing a lot of summery things in these last few weeks, like today, when we took the ferry to Centre Island and spent the day bouncing around from rides to the beach. We completely exhausted ourselves. 



Yesterday, in preparation for back to school, Alyce finally decided to try riding a two-wheeler. The two of us went shopping for a new bike, and by nightfall she was riding a bike. It was kind of magical. I don't think I've ever seen her so proud of herself and it gave me the shivers to watch her.  I know she desperately wants to ride her bike to school like her friends, because you know, she's in grade three now.



So the summer may be coming to an end, but we don't need to say good-bye to it sitting down. Let's enjoy the warm nights as long as we can, maybe sneak in one more road trip, and eat ice cream for dinner. 




Here's what's on my list for this last week of summer:

  • Centre Island
  • Visit my grandmother on her birthday
  • Convince my children to do a back-to-school cleanse of their toys
  • Take a road trip to Ottawa on the long weekend to visit some friends I have not seen in ages
  • Make each of the girls a card for the first day of school (a tradition in our house, along with chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast)
  • Think about September's new possibilities
What's on your list this week? Any last minute summer adventures?

Be well.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment