Saturday, August 1, 2015

Our week



Hello lovelies, how has your week been? We were planning on going camping this week but plans change (as they do), and my body was particularly sore this week, so we stuck around close to home. A trip to the dollar store landed Shira these spectacular swimming goggles which she has worn to Starbucks, in the shower, and while doing summer homework (both girls are missing school terribly and have taken to doing homework on a daily basis). In Canada we don't start school again until September which means five weeks left to go still! Fortunately, there are still plenty of adventures to be had while wearing swimming goggles.




Toronto enjoyed a heat wave this week, which drained much of our energy and patience. Or at least mine and Hille's. We ate a lot of ice cream.




We rented our apartment three years ago and this is the first year the pears on our backyard tree seem edible. Last year they were tiny and withered looking, but this summer they look perfect for eating and baking. I'm don't love pears in fruit crisps (too mushy) so I'm thinking of making a muffin. Any ideas?




Raise your hand if you love agendas as much as I do. Seriously, I was giddy this morning when I noticed that the calendar had changed to August, making it time to buy my new agenda. I found this one from the Rifle Paper Company after indecisively going back and forth between a few options. It is a splurge that I look forward to every year. I usually go with a simple Moleskin, but this year I needed some colour. Plus the first page had a quotation from Van Gogh that I loved: Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.




Dinner tonight was roast chicken with Gwyneth Paltrow's Mexican chopped salad and green goddess dressing. Laugh as you will at Gwyneth, I love her cookbooks, especially this one that I have taken out of the library four different times now. Dinner preparation was made all the better by bourbon and ginger beer cocktails.


Tell me, what have you done with yourself this week?

Be well!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment